It could be in the air you breathe, the equipment you use or the work environment itself, like the toxic chemicals you are exposed to or the noise you hear. These are the dangers on the job that can lead to an occupational disease claim.
Examples Of Occupational Hazards And Diseases
Some common occupational hazards include:
- Air: asbestos, vapors, molds, methane, carbon monoxide or other gases, solvents and fumes, dust, smoke, coal dust, silica dust
- Equipment: asbestos, vapors, molds, methane, carbon monoxide or other gases, solvents and fumes, dust, smoke, coal dust, silica dust
- Environment: arsenic, mercury, lead, manganese and other toxic chemicals, radiation, noise and heaty
Some examples of occupational disease from these hazards include:
- Hearing loss
- Heart diseases
- Radiation poisoning
- Respiratory diseases, including mesothelioma, asthma or bronchitis and other respiratory diseases
- Skin diseases such as severe sunburn, skin cancer and eczema
Sounds simple, right? In reality, the process is not as simple as it sounds.
What To Do If You Think You Have An Occupational Disease
If you have a disease that can be shown to have been caused by conditions of your employment, you are eligible to receive workers' compensation. However, proving that your health condition was directly caused by your job is not at all easy. You should not try to do it yourself; instead, contact The Law Office of James R. Flandreau.
More Than A Quarter Century Of Experience Helping People Like You
Headed by attorney James R. Flandreau, who has been handling workers' compensation cases since 1988, The Law Office of James R. Flandreau has been helping people like you get the workers' compensation benefits they are entitled to because of their occupational disease. Our founder is a specialist* in workers' compensation, so he knows all the ins and outs of the process. Together, we provide our clients with personal and professional service, knowing each and every detail of their cases.
Suffering From An Occupational Disease? Call Us
If you think your disease was caused by your occupation, call a lawyer at The Law Office of James R. Flandreau in Media, Pennsylvania. We don't get paid until you get paid. And, we provide free initial consultations. So contact us now, either by going online or by calling 610-565-4750.